Today in the SVP Lounge, CT, Dan and Eric discuss Maryland's latest loss to an undefeated Iowa team, whether Homecoming is a Hallmark holiday, Stefon Diggs tearing it up in Minnesota, why you shouldn't be mad the Terps are ranked #3 in the first Associated Press poll, Halloween costumes and a pair of bold predictions for the coming weeks.
Programming note: The guys will convene on Thursday night for a full-on basketball preview podcast. Look for it on Friday morning.
Topics discussed include:
- Abbreviated podcast tonight and then we go full on basketball preview podcast Thursday night
- Dan is unsure whether he's attending Saturday's Homecoming game against Wisconsin, calls it a "Hallmark Holiday"
- Terps lose to Iowa 31-15, fifth in a row and still winless in conference
- Hawkeyes played solid, allowed Maryland to beat itself, play like the bad team it is
- Dan went fishing in the Baltimore Harbor during the first half of the game
- Brandon Ross' fumble on the first drive, blocked punt early were so deflating
- Perry Hills is a great arm punter, first Terp to have third consecutive 100 yard rushing game since Lance Ball
- Yannick Ngakoue second in the country in sacks
- How'd you feel about the punts as time was winding down and the Terps had terrible field position
- Wisconsin comes to town, Maryland is a 13-point underdog
- Last year's game was a hellacious beat down. Let's hope they're frisky for a half?
- You can probably listen to the podcast at this time in years prior and we'll have the same defeated attitude about football
- Eric tries to spin things positively
- Stefon Diggs is the hero in the Minnesota Vikings game, his wink at the camera after the touchdown is the NFL's version of the shimmy
- Terps land at #3 in the first Associated Press poll
- No reason is be rankled. They haven't played any games, there's a lot of question marks and they got blown out in the second round of the NCAA tournament last year
- Maryland has plenty of chances to prove themselves in the first quarter of the season with Georgetown, North Carolina and UConn on the schedule
- Exhibition game on Friday
- CT and Eric have friends in town for Homecoming
- What was everyone for Halloween? CT was mustard, Dan was a carrot, tries to pay for his drinks at the bar with a bag of carrots
- Eric predicts the Terps will go 1-3 in football to end the season, with a win over Indiana
- Dan predicts the basketball team will lose at home before CT makes it to Xfinity Center