Today in the SVP Lounge, CT, Eric and Matt convene to dig into Maryland’s victory over Nebraska and breakdown why the Terps have such a tough time closing the door on teams. Later, the guys have The Definitive Evan Smotrycz Conversation, condemning the student’s booing of him in the last game and peeling back the onion on this much maligned and complex Terp. They also preview Wisconsin, talk Dez Wells and senior day against Michigan, and close with the news of defensive coordinator Brian Stewart’s ouster. All that and more, on today’s Red Shell Radio.
Topics discussed include:
- Maryland’s 69-65 victory over Nebraska at home
- Similarities between this game and the win over Penn State
- Gushing over Melo Trimble, scores 26 on nine shots, hits two big three-pointers in the final four minutes
- The Big Three strikes again
- Dez Wells and Richaud Pack hold Terran Petteway to 8 points, 2-14 shooting
- Why does Maryland struggle to slam the door on teams?
- The Definitive Evan Smotrycz Conversation:
- The students cheer when he’s subbed out for Damonte Dodd
- Eric has a new theory on Smo
- Where does this irrational anger come from?
- What’s Smotrycz’ deal?
- Is he actually the fourth best player on the team?
- Let’s be real, though, he has massively regressed from last year
- Why do we have different standards for him than fellow transfer Jonathan Graham?
- The Wisconsin game
- We’re excited for it! The Xfinity Center is going to be rockin’
- Traffic will be a nightmare, it’s impossible to get from work to the game for a 7 p.m. tip
- CT says the way to beat Wisconsin is to frustrate Frank Kaminsky and try to get him into foul trouble
- Miller thinks the key will be on the offensive end
- Final home game against the Michigan Wolverines on Saturday
- CT shells out for Michigan tickets
- Dez’ last game in College Park, CT has as soft spot for Dez. Red Shell Radio has been around for his entire career at Maryland, covering the news of his immediate eligibility in the first episode
- Defensive coordinator Brian Steward is OUT at Maryland
- Stewart is replaced from within with inside linebackers coach Keith Dudzinski
- Eric and CT are surprised at the move, at this point in time – Matt is not, reminding the pod this is something Randy Edsall has done before
- Stefon Diggs shines at the combine, Deon Long looks nice too