Today in the SVP Lounge, CT, Dan and Eric discuss another rough weekend as Maryland is manhandled again, this time by Michigan. They talk about when Randy Edsall gets the ax, the players only meeting, Hurricane Joaquin and the noon kickoff, the defense’s bold first half performance, the ineptitude of the offense and more. Plus: Urban Meyer omits Maryland from his Monday presser, CT is going to San Francisco, early season non-conference basketball games and Stefon Diggs in his NFL debut.
Look out for a new episode tomorrow featuring Ramzy Nasrallah from 11 Warriors, talking Ohio State as they get ready to take on the Terps Saturday in Columbus.
Topics discussed include:
- Another rough weekend, you guys
- Randy Edsall is always smiling
- The guys immediately dive into Edsall’s current job status. Does he get fired midseason? Eric and Dan say it doesn’t do anything for the team
- Players only meeting held, Edsall’s blindsided. Has he lost the players? This is just a bigger piece in the larger puzzle
- Looming hurricane causes the game time to be shifted from 8 p.m. to noon. The guys are bummed there won’t be another night game this year
- Eric says environment was sad on Saturday, tons of perfectly nice Michigan fans taking over Byrd Stadium
- Dan says Yannick Ngakoue is the only player on the team worthy of snaps
- The wide receivers have been super disappointing
- Remember when the entire offensive line laid down?
- Caleb Rowe throws three interceptions, could’ve had five
- Daxx Garman comes in and looks completely lost — CT things is particularly damning of the coaching staff
- The guys talk Ohio State. They’re the No. 1 team in the country and it feels like they’ve got 99 problems
- Urban Meyer doesn’t mention Maryland once in his Monday press conference, opposing fans don’t even talk shit
- Meyer has more to worry about with his own team than their opponent
- Ohio State’s struggled in nearly all of their games this year, sad to think they won’t with the Terps
- CT is going to San Francisco, visiting Alcatraz on his birthday. He’s living the wedding life, has them back-to-back weekends
- Bacon wrapped scallops the no. 1 seed for hors d’oeuvres/finger foods
- The guys are excited about Maryland basketball’s early season non-conference games
- Stefon Diggs has a nice NFL debut for the Minnesota Vikings