Today in the SVP Lounge, the CT, Matt, Eric and Dan discuss a solid, resume-building win over UConn in Madison Square Garden and D.J. Durkin’s impressive hires for his defensive staff. Plus, Eric can’t find a Chick-fil-a to redeem his basketball ticket for a sandwich.
Topics discussed include:
- Terps beat UConn
- Initial reactions
- First half the Terps played phenomenal, excellent defensively
- Melo Trimble and Diamond Stone start fast
- Toward the end of the second half UConn starts bombing threes and gets within 3 with 2:45 left
- During this ugly stretch Jake Layman was playing poorly. Where’s everyone stand on him after this game? If he made a few more shots, would the perception of him change?
- CT has a horrible botch on Twitter
- Everyone is fine with Dickie V’s novelty act, CT still can’t stand him
- UConn had a standard Big East-built team
- Solid victory for Maryland
- The foul that caused Kevin Ollie to get a technical was poor, but he totally killed his team’s momentum
- Tons of coaching news talk: Scott Shafer, former Syracuse coach, hired as defensive coordinator; Mike London, former Virginia boss, hired as associate head coach; Aazaar Abdul-Rahim, former head coach at Friendship Collegiate Academy and assistant director of player personnel at Alabama, hired as defensive backs coach
- D.J. Turner tweets a photo with him, Durkin AND Mike Locksley
- Adam McClean tweets about Lane Kiffin, it was later deleted
- Trevon Diggs is back in consideration for Maryland with the Abdul-Rahim hire, says in an interview he thinks Dwayne Haskins will stay committed to Maryland and that the Terps will have a big recruiting haul because of this guy
- Is Locksley back in the fold?
- What’re Dan and CT wearing to the Legwarmers concert?
- Eric tried to redeem his basketball ticket for his free Chick-fil-a sandwich, but had serious trouble locating a restaurant, was using signs on the side of the highway