Fri, 26 February 2016
Today in the SVP Lounge, Baltimore Sports and Life’s Chris Stoner drops by to discuss Maryland’s chance to win the Big Ten, Saturday’s test at Purdue, Melo Trimble’s slump, what will constitute a successful season, the ideal match-up for March and more.
Topics discussed include:
- Chris Stoner from Baltimore Sports and Life joins the show today
- Wisconsin drops Iowa and puts Maryland in a spot where they control their own destiny to win the Big Ten
- Chris believes the Terps can win the Big Ten, but there is reason for pessimism
- Big test for the Terps on Saturday facing Purdue on the road
- It’s been exceedingly difficult for the Terps to pull away from teams, would’ve liked for Maryland to stomp Michigan early and for good
- Chris and CT would prefer if the Terps played more consistently inside-out
- No definitive answer as to what’s ailing Melo Trimble, but his performance will determine how far Maryland goes the rest of the way
- The guys are very pro-Brantley
- Damonte Dodd had a pair of great defensive games, totaled 8 blocks
- The second week of the tournament has to be the target zone for this team
- Losing to Michigan State in the Big Ten tournament last year as tough, getting a crack in the title game would
- CT thinks a team that plays big would be a good match-up for the Terps in the NCAA tournament. Chris thinks a team that plays fast and forces Maryland to do the same -- like in the loss to UNC -- would be the ideal match-up
- *Without actually playing UNC
- CT forgot about watching a Wizards game because he was so engrossed in the horror of the Minnesota loss
- Michigan win wasn’t wholly inspiring
Tue, 16 February 2016
Today in the SVP Lounge, CT and Eric discuss Maryland’s home winning streak coming to an end with a loss to Wisconsin, Diamond Stone smashing Vitto Brown’s head against the floor and the Red Shell Radio Vine that bounced around the Internet. Plus: Eric hates the flash mobs and the guys share what they did on Valentine’s Day.
Topics discussed include:
- CT is sorry it was just him last week, internet was busted
- Eric joins him in the SVP Lounge this week, Dan refuses to come back on to the podcast
- The guys share what they did for Valentine’s Day
- Eric does not like oysters, mussels and clams -- CT watches a Bachelor special
- Forget the game, CT Vines Diamond Stone smashing Vitto Brown’s head and it bounces around the internet
- The guys engage in spirited trash talk with opposing fan bases on Twitter in response to the Vine
- Dan was worried the Vine would get Diamond Stone suspended
- Stone does get suspended for the Minnesota game on Thursday by Mark Turgeon
- Could you be persuaded that he didn’t do it on purpose?
- But really how did he not get tossed?
- Terps play their worst basketball of the year in the first half of the game against Wisconsin
- Eric thinks there was a rust factor going from playing Purdue to Bowie State and then to playing a hot Badgers team
- Wisconsin is on a roll right now
- Melo Trimble’s gotta be hurt right?
- The Badgers were able to play their offensive game, using the entirety of the shot clock and scoring. Also able to snag offensive rebounds and convert them for devastating threes. Everyone on Wisconsin was contributing, too
- CT highlights the two back breaking plays in the second half
- Eric hates the flash mob bit. Doesn’t think it’s an actual flash mob
- Maryland goes to last place Minnesota on Thursday. They’ve been feisty lately, giving Iowa all it could handle in Iowa City. Hopefully a weaker opponent will help the guys dust themselves off
- Michigan comes to the Xfinity Center on Sunday. It’s all about getting revenge, having a good showing against a better team in the conference
- CT will be in Florida next week, might just do a solo pod
Tue, 9 February 2016
Today in the SVP Lounge, CT, Eric and Dan were lined up to podcast and then the Internet died. CT picks up the pieces with a new edition of CT After Dark. He starts off by running down wins over Nebraska, Purdue and the rounding out of the tough part of the schedule while staying within striking distance for Big Ten title. Later, CT recaps D.J. Durkin’s first recruiting class and previews Saturday's tilt against Wisconsin.
Mon, 1 February 2016
Today in the SVP Lounge, CT, Eric and Matt convene following a week that saw Maryland notch a signature win over Iowa and a subsequent, grind-it-out victory over Ohio State. Later, the guys preview Nebraska and Purdue, Randy Edsall has a new job, and a little bit of signing day talk.
Topics discussed include:
- Matt returns to the pod
- Matt goes on a cruise, buys the all you can drink package shortly after boarding the boat
- Terps win two tough games against Iowa and Ohio State, finally notching a signature victory on the resume they’d been lacking
- Traffic was hell in College Park before and after the Iowa game
- Terps come out fast, tough not to with that crowd -- Dan Dakich loves it
- Terps score 41 in the first half, going back and forth with Iowa for most of the half and then Maryland is able to assert itself in the final five minutes, able to take a 6 point lead into the break
- Jake Layman reemerges, scoring early and playing PHENOMENAL defense on Jarrod Uthoff
- The team continues to shoot poorly as a whole
- Robert Carter has another great night, seems more and more like a first round draft pick
- He was also the key to busting Iowa’s zone
- Iowa is legit
- The whining about the Under Armour basketball at the end of the game was just absurd
- Columbus is a place with bad vibes for the Terps
- Impressive win over Ohio State on the road in a game that had letdown written all over it
- Melo Trimble drops 20, has a clutch three and salted the game away with free throws
- You knew that the Buckeyes would be ready after getting beat down at Xfinity
- Maryland heads to Nebraska on Wednesday
- The Cornhuskers are 3-7 in conference play, but aren’t totally terrible
- This screams trap game as well, Matt’s worried about Nebraska playing small
- Purdue comes to College Park on Saturday, another chance for the Terps to nab a top 50 win and to put some distance between themselves and another conference contender
- Maryland and Purdue are the biggest teams in the Big Ten, should be interesting to see the battle down low
- It’s tough to beat the Terps at home, obvz
- Randy Edsall lands a job with the Lions doing we’re not sure what
- Some light recruiting talk -- With the coaching staff turning over, tough to expect a whole lot
- It is what it is and probably won’t change dramatically until Maryland can win a few more games
- Terrell Hall is a big fish still in play for the Terps on signing day, will probably add an additional quarterback
Tue, 26 January 2016
Today in the SVP Lounge, CT and Eric break down a tough loss to Michigan State while snowbound, talkin rebounding issues, why this loss shouldn’t be surprising, Matt Costello’s career night and if the Terps still have a shot at the Big Ten title. Later Adam McGinnis, Iowa alumnus and TruthAboutIt.net blogger, drops by to preview Thursday’s huge tilt between the Terps and the Hawkeyes. Plus: An overtime win over Northwestern and Eric’s thoughts on Dwayne Haskins.
Topics discussed include:
- Guys have been snowed in
- Tough loss to Michigan State on the road
- Was the best chance for Maryland to get its best win of the year, but Michigan State was desperate, avoiding losing fourth in a row
- Rebounding becomes a huge issue, lack of hustle dooms the Terps again
- Matt Costello is a turtle killer, has career night versus the Terps
- Melo Trimble keeps Maryland in the game
- Are people overrating the negative impacts of this loss?
- Terps still have a shot in the Big Ten?
- Adam McGinnis joins the show
- Nothing but excitement for Iowa basketball
- The Hawkeyes have been rolling since the second half of the first Purdue game on the road
- A big difference between this year’s team and last is they can light it up from three
- Iowa is a tough team, out muscled Michigan State in East Lansing
- Hawkeyes are long, start four seniors, great guard play
- How do Maryland and Iowa matchup?
- Jarrod Uthoff vs. Jake Jayman
- It’s the first clash between top ten teams in the Xfinity Center
- Anthony Clemmons vs. Melo Trimble
- Eric asks Adam if the bar Airliner is still in Iowa City
- CT and Eric look back at the overtime win over Northwestern
- Rasheed Sulaimon has been in a funk, been shooting poorly
- The Trimble three at the end of regulation was predictable
- Eric gives his thoughts on the Dwayne Haskins decommitment, where it leaves Maryland and the football team’s quarterback position. Also gives his thoughts on a few of the quarterback targets the staff is considering
Mon, 18 January 2016
Today in the SVP Lounge, it's a CT After Dark edition of the podcast where he breaks down Dwayne Haskins’ decommitment from Maryland, why it makes sense, why it doesn’t and why it’s ok to be mad about it. Later, he revisits the Terps first Big Ten loss at Michigan, the thrashing put on Ohio State on Saturday, looking ahead to Northwestern and more.
Mon, 11 January 2016
Today in the SVP Lounge, CT and Eric convene to discuss the No. 3 Maryland Terrapins, a bludgeoning of a terrible Rutgers team, Melo Trimble hitting a game winning three at Wisconsin with almost no time left, College Gameday being in East Lansing for the Terps tilt against Michigan State, Dwayne Haskins-quarterback recruiting drama and more.
Topics discussed include:
- We’ll have a show Friday for you, looking back at Michigan and ahead to Saturday’s tilt versus Ohio State
- Championship night in college football. over-under 1, number of Maryland football national championship appearances in the next 50 years
- Terps stay at No. 3 in the AP poll today after beating Rutgers and Wisconsin this past week
- Terps remain undefeated in conference play, 4-0
- 15-1 overall, Maryland’s best start to a season EVER
- Terps bludgeon Rutgers, 88-63
- Could’ve easily scored 100+
- Eddie Jordan thanked Turgeon in the post game presser for calling off the dogs
- Melo sat out the 2H with a tight hammy, he’s ok
- Jake Layman feasted on a bad team -- Only his 3rd time scoring double digit points in 11 games
- Varun Ram with a bunch of playing time
- Melo 3 at the death seals the Terps fourth win in conference play over Wisconsin, 63-60
- WHERE WERE YOU WHEN THE SHOT FELL? IMMEDIATE RXN
- Damonte Dodd had a nice first half
- Offensive rebounds, 2nd chance points and turnovers were the reasons Wisconsin stayed in this game
- Diamond Stone was, of course, heckled. Definitely shaky to start. Played better as the game progressed
- Terps go to Michigan on Tuesday
- Wolverine’s star player Caris LeVert, the team leader in points, rebounds and assists, is probably not going to be playing. Leg injury
- If Michigan’s hitting their shots and Maryland’s having a tough time cracking the 1-3-1 zone this game has the makings of an upset. Still, the Terps can definitely win another on the road
- Terps at Michigan State will be the first edition of College Basketball Gameday on Saturday January 23
- Dwayne Haskins-quarterback recruiting situation, Adam McClean tweets
Mon, 4 January 2016
Today in the SVP Lounge, CT, Dan and Eric convene to look back at Maryland’s first week in conference play, including a win over Penn State behind a historic night from Diamond Stone, a relaxing beating of Northwestern on the road, dry January, the week head in hoops and much more.
Topics discussed include:
- Recapping the wild win over Penn State
- Who thought the Terps were doomed to taking a loss in the first Big Ten game?
- Diamond Stone has a huge night
- How would the Terps bounce back on the road against a decent Northwestern side?
- Melo Trimble and Rasheed Sulaimon have big comeback games
- It was relaxing to watch Maryland crush Northwestern
- Dan is refraining from alcohol during January
- Stone receives Big Ten player of the week and Big Ten freshman of the week
- Rutgers comes to town on Wednesday, Maryland should roll them
- Terps game in Madison announced as a 1 p.m. tip on Saturday
- Diamond Stone’s return to Wisconsin, a lot of Badger fans are still butt hurt
Thu, 31 December 2015
Today in the SVP Lounge, it’s CT After Dark — a one man show in which he tackles a wild comeback win over Penn State immediately after the final buzzer, Diamond Stone's historic 39-point night, the worst game of the season for the rest of the squad, as well as his sketchy, nonexistent co-hosts.
Tue, 15 December 2015
Today in the SVP Lounge, CT and Eric talk about Saturday's game against Princeton in Baltimore, a win over lowly Eastern Shore, the slow part of the basketball schedule, Randy Edsall breaking his silence, Byrd Stadium changing names and more.